Hanover County Capernaum

This is a little blog for all of our Capernaum friends and family to share with one another all about their lives, Capernaum, and what they are learning about God. Feel free to leave a comment, we love to hear from you all.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Award Nomination: A Parent Perspective #3

From: Louis
Date: Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:42 PM
Subject: Capernaum AWARD Note
To: tomsibiga@gmail.com

To whom it may concern,

A week ago, my 12 year old daughter and I went to our first Capernaum outing located at the Burkwood Swim club in Hanover County. My daughter, who has special needs, and very few friends was reluctant to go inside beyond the entrance door. After about 5 minutes, I could see her start to light up as she looked around and saw all the volunteers and the fun, comfort and safety that was present in the room. With much warmth in my heart, I watched as she made her way around the room recognizing a couple of kids and parents from school and a team leader from Special Olympics. She started to have fun, and we were introduced to Clint and several of his volunteers. I also witnessed for the first time in a new setting her rasing her hand to volunteer. Something that I have never seen before! The activities were fun and safe. The message was outstanding and we will be back! I wish I had known about this program a while ago. The program, and volunteers deserve an award, and the recognition might help get the word out about an incredible program for a truly needed group! I hope you will give what I have shared with you serious consideration. This is an outstanding program!

Louis 

No comments:

Post a Comment